Better for your health…
1. It was picked just before the market and our farm-fresh produce retains its peak flavour and nutritional content.
2. Eating fresh and minimally-processed foods reduces the risks of stroke and Type II diabetes, and improves cardioascular function.
3. Much of the fresh produce is CareFarmed or organic. No artificial fertilisers or pest sprays.
4. Reduce your family’s overall exposure to the herbicides and pesticides used in conventional farming.
Better for our community…
5. Every dollar spent supports the growers and farmers in your community.
6. Growers markets help sustain family farms and build community by providing a place where people of all ages and in- come levels can shop, and socialise.
7. Growers markets spawn and support local small businesses.
8. By supporting local growers, you help en- sure that there will be farms in your community tomorrow, and that future generations will have access to nourishing, flavoursome and abundant food.
Better for the earth…
9. Dramatically reduce your ‘food miles’. Transporting food from major markets in Brisbane and from other states can require at least 5 times more fuel per kilogram of food than purchasing from your local growers market.
10. Sustainable farming practices help the soil remove carbon from the atmosphere.